A key part of our Mission is to raise the life chances of the most vulnerable and to narrow the gap. We have decided that these 3 Objectives are priorities:
- To ensure that the positive ethos of equality and respect of the Children’s Centre and Nursery School is embedded further by developing:
- a Parents’ Charter which will set out how we expect all adults to behave on the premises, and what will happen if anyone does not abide by this;
- a Bullying and Harassment Policy which will be included in the Staff Handbook and discussed as part of our Induction process for staff and volunteers.
- To increase the involvement of fathers and male carers in the Children Centre and Nursery School by:
- recruiting male volunteers;
- promoting events such as ‘Bring a Dad to Nursery’ widely;
- through delivering a new group with a focus on fathers and their partners;
- targeted publicity for male-focused workshops and for all events involving dads.
- To gather, analyse and evaluate data on different groups e.g. SEND, gender and ethnicity, including attendance data. To develop actions to address any imbalances we find.