Our aims and beliefs
We aim to provide every child with the encouragement and opportunity to:
- develop and build on earlier learning
- be active, enthusiastic, thoughtful and responsive
- experience new learning through a planned curriculum which covers appropriate aspects of language, social, cultural, moral, emotional, cognitive, mathematical, scientific, creative and physical development, both indoors and outdoors
- take part in all activities, which are organised to take into account of different languages, cultural experiences, beliefs and abilities
- progress in all ways, by using our professional knowledge to assess the educational achievements of young children
- feel happy and safe in a caring environment.
We believe that staff and families share the responsibility for a child's learning, so we aim:
- to nurture a relationship based on mutual respect, trust and sharing of appropriate information
- to involve parents in the development and practical use of school policies and guidelines.
We aim to enhance the learning experience of every child by:
- creating surroundings which are safe and stimulating
- providing the best educational resources we can.
We aim to develop our professional expertise through:
- carrying out a continuous, comprehensive training and development programme
- building links with colleagues from other schools, the local education authority, children's services and agencies and other local providers for the care and education of children under five
- keeping up-to-date with national initiatives.
We aim to build the school's links and involvement with the wider community.